Friday, September 3

Discussion Question #3 - Clarify Issues

3). Pick one concept from the reading (either Epstein or the Small Group Comm book) and discuss it in detail

Upon reading the 2nd Chapter of The Essential Guide to Group Communication a few key points stood out. I was amazed at how many of these concepts I unconsciously applied to previous group projects, however there were many others I feel could have made the group communication run more smoothly.

I have enjoyed reading all of your blog posts to-date, but find myself missing some of the interaction that might help explain some of the newer communication concepts. I admit that I have struggled with some of the questions and find myself over-thinking the parameters of the assignments and, to a point, my responses.

I have had to develop a new way of organizing my thoughts and seeking information to ’clarify issues’. It is important to get a clear understanding of any assignment or project, to ask questions as additional issues arise, and to define your role as participant. The textbooks do a very good job of explaining the concepts in a simplified format, but beyond these resources I have utilized the web to search for related definitions of the concepts and also contacted the instructor, via email, as a source for clarification. For me, clarifying issues has eliminated the stress of an assignment and ensured a more enjoyable class experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment